Selling a home or condo takes more than just putting a “for sale” sign out front. You need an agent with experience and training to help you determine the right price, come up with an effective marketing strategy, and anticipate and solve any problems that come up during the selling process. I will help you with every part of selling your home, and offer you a smoother, hassle-free experience.
When you’re selling your property, there are a number of advantages to working with me as your agent:
- I know real estate values in your neighbourhood and will help price your home or condo competitively by preparing a market analysis of properties that have sold, competing properties that are still on the market and properties that were on the market but didn’t sell.
- I will establish a marketing strategy for your property, ensuring that it’s exposed to as many potential buyers as possible.
- I will take care of the tasks involved in selling your house or condo, ensuring that the transaction is as simple and low-stress for you as humanly possible!
- I am an expert in the selling process and will advise you of your rights, options and obligations.
- I am an experienced negotiator and will work for you to get you the best possible price.
Effective Marketing For Your Home or Condo
I will help you market your home or condo by exposing it to as many potential buyers as possible. The first step is getting it ready and then putting it on MLS. But listing your property is only the beginning; I will prepare a personalized plan for you that includes everything I plan to do to sell your property. At our brokerage, your property will be aggressively promoted through:
- A posting on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Several property advertising publications
- 100+ other real estate websites
- Our brokerage web site
- My own website
- Our other 12 offices and 450 real estate professionals in my brokerage
- Mailings to potential buyers in your area
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- My extensive contact database (friends, clients and prospects)
- Direct Mail
- And more!
Pricing Your Property Correctly
The Benefits Of The Right Price
Listen To The Market
- Homes/condos that have recently sold represent what buyers are willing to pay.
- Homes/condos currently listed for sale represent the price sellers hope to obtain.
- Listings that have expired are generally overpriced or have been poorly marketed.
Don’t Overprice Your Home/Condo
Some sellers believe that if they price their home or condo high initially, they can lower it later. Instead of making you more money, this strategy could end up hurting you.
- Early activity is key. As soon as a property comes on the market, agents and potential buyers sit up and take notice. If it’s overpriced, interested parties will quickly lose interest. By the time the price drops, the majority of buyers are lost. When a home has been for sale too long, buyers will be wary and may reject the property.
- You’ll miss the right buyer. You may think that interested buyers can always make an offer, but if your home is overpriced, potential buyers looking in a lower price range will never see it. And those who can afford a home at your asking price will soon recognize that they can get a better value elsewhere.
- You could run out of time. You may end up having to drop your price below market value if your home doesn’t sell initially. Price it right the first time, and you won’t end up having to sell it for less than it’s worth.
Renovating For Resale
- Interior painting and décor – 73%
- Kitchen renovation – 72%
- Bathroom renovation – 68%
- Exterior paint – 65%
- Flooring upgrades – 62%
- Window/door replacement – 57%
- Main floor family room addition – 51%
- Fireplace addition – 50%
- Basement renovation – 49%
- Furnace/heating system replacement – 48%
- New lighting – 84%
As an expert on home sales trends in your neighbourhood, I can suggest which areas of your home could benefit from renovation and increase its value.
Getting Your Home or Condo Ready To Show
- House in good repair
- House number easy to read
- Eavestroughs, down spouts and soffits in good repair
- Garage/car port clean and tidy
- Litter picked up
- Cracked or broken window panes replaced
- Lawns and hedges cut and trimmed, garden weeded and edged
- Walks shovelled and salted
- Boot tray inside front door
- Doorbell and door hardware in good repair
- Porch and foyer clean and tidy
- Chipped plaster and paint touched up or replaced
- Doors and cupboards properly closed
- Leaky taps and toilets repaired
- Burned out light bulbs replaced
- Squeaky doors oiled
- Mirrors, fixtures and taps cleaned and polished
- Seals around tubs and basins in good repair
- Floors cleaned, garbage containers empty
- Inside of closets and cupboards neat and tidy
- Appliances cleaned
- Countertops neat and polished
- All lights turned on
- Air conditioner turned on in warm weather
- Fresh air in house
- Fireplace lit in cooler weather
- Halls and stairs cleaned
- Drapes opened during daylight
- Carpets freshly vacuumed
- Fresh flowers in various rooms
- Jewelry and valuables locked safely away or taken with you
- Valuable property, such as art, vases and figurines out of reach, out of sight or locked away
- Pets absent, where possible, or contained during the showing, and litter boxes clean